how to apply
The Better Day Alliance Foundation one-time grant is open to:
- charitable organizations registered with Canada Revenue Agency
- located in the City of Toronto
- work directly benefits the quality of life of Toronto residents
To apply for a grant please submit as a narrative:
- your project or need
- the population your organization serves
- the number of people who will be impacted by a grant from the Better Day Alliance Foundation(BDAF)
- the timeline for your project - including the exact date if this is an event
- the overall budget for your project including the amount requested from BDAF
- how you will help BDAF to steward the gift for donors
- any non-financial support you may need (are there opportunities for donors to volunteer at your organziation?)
The organization must be a registered charity. Ontario law does not allow our foundation to make a donation to organizations that are not registered charities. Sadly, this excludes individuals and families unless it is through a registered charity.
The project must be in line with our mission. To create positive experiences that go beyond necessity and bring unexpected delight to people facing a variety of challenges. For example: holiday parties, recreational supplies, tickets to events, hiring magicians, clowns etc for special days, or funds for a special outing. These are just a few examples.
Application deadlines are announced annually. Shortly after these dates the board meets and discusses which applications to approve for the next step. It is important to get your application in before the deadline and that the funds are to be used in that year.
APPLY FOR A GRANT
The BDAF grant application is now closed. Check back in summer 2017 for information on the next grant opportunity.